- During Our Mural Restoration Project in the Heart of Hollywood We Saw Some Cool Stuff!
- Protecting Collectibles at Home – A painful lesson to be learned from the “professionals” at the Borghese Gallery in Rome
- Restoration Of An Heirloom Painting Testimonial, Pasadena, Los Angeles, California
- Does a Public Art Mural Need Varnish If Graffiti Is Not A Problem?
- 300 Year Old Buddha’s Lacquer and Gold Leaf Layers Stabilized and Preserved At The Mission Inn, Riverside CA
Like us on Facebook
Tag Archives: painting restoration
Gorgeous Gilded Age Society Oil Painting Dented by Freak Accident, Los Angeles – Art Restoration Due Diligence Tips for Art Collectors
This article and video entertains you with a Los Angeles story about surprising impact damage on 19th century paintings of high society fashion with some tips on condition from an art conservator. See several paintings of gorgeous women in The … Continue reading
Damage to artwork from careless handling, lousy packing and then shipping is completely avoidable… and you’d think that an exquisitely painted, $75,000.00 valued oil painting would automatically be treasured and cared for! This extensive damage which resulted from lack of … Continue reading
Cleaning smoke damage from artwork, other framed items and collectibles is a service we routinely take care of. Paintings are often darkened by discolored varnish too. This gorgeous tonalist vintage painting, about 1920, by Granville Redmond re-emerges from the darkness … Continue reading
Rip Repair and Saving Historical Painting of Bishop Ranch Santa Barbara (Goleta) by Henry Chapman Ford
Historic Oil Painting from 1875 of Bishop Ranch- Glen Annie in Goleta, CA by Henry Chapman Ford saved from destruction Scott M. Haskins, Painting Conservator Art restoration has been more than just interesting as my life’s work. Lots of … Continue reading
I want to show this picture partly because its a very interesting painting and partly because you might enjoy hearing about kind of a strange way of cleaning a painting. Cleaning is part of the art conservation/restoration process but … Continue reading