- “That’s Texas for you!” Is it the type of job… or is it me?!
- Mural Restoration Experts From FACL Conserve Longest Mural in USA, Located in Grand Prairie, Dallas, Texas
- WPA Murals On US Postage Stamps A Weird Idea
- Protecting The Kobe Bryant Memorial Mural 2020 With An Anti-Graffiti Coating
- Preparing for the Henrietta Berk Retrospective at the Hilbert Museum of California Art at Chapman University
Like us on Facebook
Tag Archives: art conservation
Mural restoration and graffiti removal in downtown Los Angeles will begin Tues. This will be the first 101 freeway mural of 4 that are covered with graffiti. Then, after these 4 are looking good, another 8 murals that are part of … Continue reading
I consulted with a client in Hawaii today about doing the conservation work and making several historic paintings of volcanoes and lava look their best.
This video link of the art conservation/restoration of monumental realistic beautiful outdoor mural by Kent Twitchell at Biola University will take you to the dedicated page for this project. Kent teamed up with Scott Haskins to resolve difficult conservation questions … Continue reading
I’m on the road right now, meeting with private clients in Las Vegas, NV and Murray, and with museum clients in Springville, UT and in SLC.
Scott M. Haskins is an expert mural restorer/conservator: Just got a call from an organization to save an important mural from demolition in London, England. They’ve asked me to be the trouble shooter for the removal of the mural from … Continue reading
I want to show this picture partly because its a very interesting painting and partly because you might enjoy hearing about kind of a strange way of cleaning a painting. Cleaning is part of the art conservation/restoration process but … Continue reading
Here’s a couple of pictures of art conservation treatments in the lab this week: Large paintings need special handling to make sure the paint is not stressed: