spacer
Sign up to receive the FREE Newsletter

FACL has provided art conservation and painting restoration services to Brigham Young University and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS, Mormons) including the following departments: History Department, which includes the Church History Museum, Building Dept., Missionary Exhibits Depts and the Temple Department. We have also provided art consultation and painting conservation services to the Daughters of the Utah Pioneers (DUP or International Pioneer Museum), The University of Utah, Utah State University in Logan and the Springville Art Museum in Springville, UT. We enjoy working with art galleries and do work for Anthony Christensen Fine Art and Antiques and we routinely meet with numerous private art collectors and individuals who may only have one family heirloom portrait.

See in this video about our background:

When we get a call to restore a painting, clean a painting, fix artwork, repair a rip in a canvas painting, analyze a painting we schedule a personal visit to look over/evaluate the artwork at your location, offering a estimate of the work up front at no charge. Then, if the work is to be done, we offer PU/Delivery to your home or office. The work’s schedule, however, needs to coordinate with our other project’s pick up and delivery in the Provo/Salt Lake City Area.

Call around. Call the institutions listed on this page. We are sure you will hear great things about our service, quality work and ease of working with us.

We also do art conservation and painting restoration work in the Las Vegas area, throughout Southern CA, we do a lot of work in the Carmel/Monterey area. We have work shipped to us from clients all over the Western US and we work on murals nationally.youtube

See a quick video tour of our lab:

Please give us a call to discuss your painting(s) or mural project. Call Scott M. Haskins at 805 564 3438. We look forward to getting to know you.

This is a testimonial from the Springville Museum of Art

Here are a variety of testimonials from all over (geographically) and on lots of different kinds of projects: http://www.fineartconservationlab.com/testimonials/

See other interesting short videos of projects and testimonials on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/bestartdoc?feature=mhee

More about our past in Utah: Scott M. Haskins came to Utah in 1978 to set up the art conservation lab for the Permanent Art Collection at Brigham Young University in collaboration with the Historical Department of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Salt Lake City and provide art conservation services for their historical art collection.

Scott Haskins, who originates from Southern California, moved to Santa Barbara, CA  has been in private practice, Fine Art Conservation Laboratories (FACL, Inc.) since 1984 but continues to provide art restoration services throughout the Intermountain West.

Video of London Mural Removal for LDS Church

Give us a call to discuss your needs, and schedule and see if we can meet soon.

805 564 3438 office

805 570 4140 mobile Scott M. Haskins

References and testimonials: http://www.fineartconservationlab.com/testimonials/

and more video testimonials on YouTube Channel”Bestartdoc”:

Here are some additional interesting sites we have:

Here is a heartfelt testimonial about trusting us with a family heirloom

Follow us on Facebook at “Fine Art Conservation” and “Save Your Stuff

Be Sociable, Share!

109 Responses to Salt Lake City Area – Painting Restoration, Art Restoration, Art Conservation, Painting Conservation, Repair Art – SLC, Utah

1. Bill Winn says:

I am unsure whether FACL would be interested in reparing/restoring an original 27 X 31-inch oil painting that we bought from a Dutch artist (Martin Rangé) at an art show in Germany in 1985. The painting was accidentally dropped during the move to Syracuse, Utah and many fragments of oil paint were knocked loose from the painting, leaving spots of the blank canvas beneath. Our questions are:
    1. Whether FACL would restore the painting to look more like the original, and
    2. Whether we would be able to afford the restoration.
    We would be happy to bring the painting to Salt Lake City for an answer to those questions. Close-up digital photos of the damaged sections of the painting can also be provided.

2. Justin says:

Interesting post. Thanks for this info. Very useful.

3. Scott M. Haskins says:

Thanks for leaving the comment Lyle.

4. Lyle says:

Nice vid and thanks for the useful info. Very nice. I called around and got your name mentioned from practically everyone I spoke with. Congrats on your great reputation.

5. Scott M. Haskins says:

Thanks Athena, looking forward to discussing.

6. Scott M. Haskins says:

Just after Christmas Robert. Give me a call to discuss, 805 564 3438 All my best.

7. Robert says:

Thanks for your interesting info. Everyone seems to know you as I called around. I’ve got a family portrait that needs you. When is your next trip to the area?

8. Athena says:

Great info. I found your blog by searching for rip repair on a painting. So glad to have seen your videos etc and found you! Talk to you soon.

9. Kristie says:

I liked this article. It was helpful.Thanks.

10. Margarette says:

You postings are so educational! I love museums, history etc… and I must spend some more time learning about what you do. It’s so interesting!
    Thank you!

11. Scott M. Haskins says:

Kristy,
    Yes, we come through Draper all the time (just last week in fact). Call me to discuss your questions at 805 564 3438 office
    TTYS
    Scott

12. Kristy says:

Everyone leaving comments has been so complimentary. Nice! I love the vibe of this website. Your work seems to be so worthwhile. We live in Draper. I assume you come through often? I have a painting about which I have questions. Can we connect?

13. Ashlee Brummitt says:

We had a couple of paintings handed down from my grandmother that got wet and grew an ugly crop of mold. I was hoping to have Scott restore them but between calling Scott and meeting with him my Dad threw one of them away!! We were so upset! Anyway, meeting with Scott was excellent, answered our questions and set the process into motion with confidence.

14. Mary Thielen says:

I enjoyed meeting Scott to discuss the restoration of a painting I inherited. He is very knowledgable, engaging and he is a good communicator. You’ll enjoying meeting with him.

15. Daryl Leeson says:

Good info. This company is, by far, the most professional for art restoration within 10 surrounding states.

16. Keri says:

It was good to meet with Scott who answered all my questions, picked up the artwork and will deliver it back. It was a wonderful visit and a very professional service.

17. Lily says:

I agreed to drive down from Ogden to meet with Scott but then he had quite a few appointments in Logan. So, it worked out great cause Scott was the perfect person to discuss my painting restoration problems and his references are impeccable.

18. Carroll says:

So my wife originally found FACL in an internet search but, completely on my own, I had already got his name from calling around. Everywhere we turned we found people have great things to say about Scott and FACL.

19. Yong says:

My husband and I were nervous about the lack of professional art conservation services in SLC but then we found Scott’s company and all the references said good things so we are more than happy. He comes often to meet with many clients and it was easy to connect, discuss and work out the details.

20. Tia Burnett says:

I called the Church History Museum and they gave me the number for FACL and Scott. I am grateful to get to know Scott and about his company.

21. Markus says:

I met Scott through my wife call to the DUP. I guess they work with his preserving and restoring artwork. He was very kind to use too and good to work with.

22. Alex says:

Everywhere I looked people were saying good things about Scott and his restoration company. So, I called him and he was great to meet with, all my questions were answered about restoring our family heirloom painting. We feel lucky to have found him.

23. Adrianna Headlam says:

We met with Scott last week to inspect a painting. We were gobsmacked at the amount of knowledge Scott had about our painting, the artist etc. He certainly knows his stuff. We are so relieved to be in the right hands and the many testimonials seem to back us up with reassurance that we have made the right choice to work with Scott’s firm.

24. Jim says:

Scott and FACL did a great job on the restoration of some paintings for our organization in Logan. A framer here, Prince Gallery, recommended him for which we are grateful.

25. Jack says:

This website is so educational! I love museums and history and this blog, videos and everything is great behind the scenes info I never knew.

26. Barbara says:

The curator at This Is The Place Monument Pioneer Village recommended that I call Scott.
    He wаs totally right. You ϲan’t imagine just how much time I had spent trying to find someone I could trust with my artwork. I’m totally pleased and confident that I’m in the right hands.

27. Scott M. Haskins says:

Hi Dane, thanks for posting!! Call me on my mobile at 805 570 4140. TTYS

28. Lucas Robertson says:

Nice presentation for your services. Very thorough and interesting. Thanks.

29. Joanne says:

I’ve really enjoyed poking around your website and I’ve watched all your videos, lol. I’m hooked.

30. Jan Davis says:

I stopped by DUP and they recommended you. I went to search anyway on the internet and there you are again and I am very impressed. Thanks for all the good info. I have a painting I just inherited that needs some help. I’ll call you right away. Thanks.

31. Katrina says:

Thanks fߋr sharing your experience in painting
    restoration. Very interesting, Regards

32. Dane says:

Well, you seem to be well known… everywhere I checked for quality professional painting conservation in the Salt Lake area I was given your name. Wow! I’ll call your office and discuss my questions. Thanks for posting this info.

33. Ken Bassett says:

Thanks for your info, examples or work and testimonials. It was all very educational and interesting. We haunt art galleries, museums etc but didn’t know much about your profession so it’s good to know about your work.

34. Clarice says:

Thanks to Scott and FACL for the visit this week and the evaluation of our heirloom. We felt very comfortable with Scott’s visit, got all our questions answered and consigned the work to Scott. Everything was pleasant but professional. All the testimonials they show here are what we experienced too.

35. Millie says:

I met Scott at Sugarhouse Mall cause we live in Park City which was easy to do cause we’re in town all the time anyway. It was very convenient for us to meet and we got our 3 inherited paintings looked at. Based on the other testimonials on this site and the very nice visit we had, it was easy to trust FACL and consign our things for restoration. Everything has gone very smoothly.

36. Scott M. Haskins says:

Hi Carol, no, we do not do apprenticeships. Thanks for connecting.

37. Carol Merrill says:

Do you take on apprenticeships?

38. Scott M. Haskins says:

Mr. Harvey,
    Yes, we do exactly the work you are looking for. Shall we discuss this over the phone? Send me you phone number and I’ll call you if you like. TTYS Scott M. Haskins 805 564 3438 office

39. Duane Harvey says:

I’m looking for someone to clean, possibly seal, and scan a portrait my father painted years ago of my maternal grandfather. Do you take on projects this small or have another place you might recommend if not?

40. Scott M. Haskins says:

Yes, Kaerim, I’ve worked in all the historical temples.

41. Kaerim says:

Have you restored pioneer art from any of the LDS temples in Utah?

42. Scott M. Haskins says:

Thanks for you comment/question Paul. I’ll give you a call this morning.

43. Paul says:

My name is call Christopherson I don’t know if you can help me I have a paining print .this print has a small amount of water damage on it . Actually some bleach got spilled on it . It was so stupid how that happened .I don’t know if you heard Dinotopia The artwork is produced by James gurney .I have a certificate of authenticity I really do need to get this fixed if you can help me please give me a call let me know 801-687-2732

44. Scott M. Haskins says:

Hi Sam, We are in SLC often if you’d like connect. 805 564 3438

45. Sam Wilkins says:

I like how you mentioned that an evaluation of damaged artwork could be done up front with no charge. I’m sure that this would depend on the restoration company, of course. However, my husband is looking to repair a painting his grandfather did years ago. We’ll have to look into the businesses near us and see if we can get it restored.

46. Scott M. Haskins says:

Hi Michele, If your father’s portrait is dirty, then yes, it can be cleaned most likely. If the paint has darkened then perhaps there is nothing that can be done outside of repainting it again. I’ll be in SLC in two weeks if you’d like to show it to me. 805 570 4140 mobile

47. Michele Bulkley says:

Hello,
    My father died in 1960. My mother had his latest photo blown up and then a professional painted over it to make it look like an oil painting. Since then it has darkened and is dirty. I dust it, but it has lost its beauty from what it once was.
    Is this something you could clean?

48. Vern Counts says:

Thanks for your interesting posting! I really enjoyed reading it and its good to know your expertise is available in our area. I’ll call.

49. Adam Black says:

What interesting work you do and its good to see that other people and institutions take advantage of your services. I can see you are well connected in Utah. Thanks for the info.

50. Scott M. Haskins says:

Give me call Bob. We received a painting from SLC today via FedEx and we’ll be coming your way soon. A historic preservation project and murals to work on in Logan are also on our schedule. Call 805 564 3438 office. Thanks for connecting.