- Historic Mission Inn Foundation Save Your Stuff Fundraiser with Scott M. Haskins and Bonhams Auction house
- International Business Club (GIN) Meeting in the Dominican Republic
- Mural Conservation of The Contribution of Negro Women in American Life and Education – A National Treasure in Houston, TX
- Historic Murals With American (Human) Values… Restoring art with a social conscience.
- Woolsey Fire in Malibu – Smoke Damaged Art and Collectible Salvage, Rescue, Restoration
Where our visitors to this website come from:
- Lost Leonardo Sistine Chapel mural conservation research Tintoretto Royal Carriages Villa D'Este art dealer Brigham Young Salt Lake City Mormon pioneers Fred Page newspaper article Speaker damage from movers Craquelure construction site earthquake preparedness collection care fine arts insurance policy Save Your Stuff Inept restoration Jessie Arms Botke Irvine Museum mural relocation Daughters of Utah Pioneers Mormon art testimonials Redmond LA Chamber Orchestra freeway mural Judy Baca Jim Morphesis Scott M. Haskins graffiti abatement 7th Street Altarpiece Lita Albuquerque Banksy Alonzo Davis Downtown Los Angeles Carmel-by-the-Sea William Wendt Steve Stern Edgar Payne Sonya Rapoport Abstract expressionism 1984 Summer Olympics video surveillance Isabel Rojas-William Tagged Museum Wax Cleaning repair a rip mural protection Baroque Art world class art Texas State University AIC disaster clean up and response 19th c. maritime oil painting oil painting restoration analysis of art analyse a painting fine art insurance claims art salvage San Diego Art Restoration Scott Haskins media Woolsey Fire Smoke odor on collectibles Smoke damaged collectibles Painting restoration testimonial Amateur Restorer Ruins Art family heirlooms rip repair testimonial outdoor mural protection mural street art vintage oil painting restoration Texas Hang a painting securely Military Santa Barbara Mission Spanish missions in California water damaged art on paper memorabilia William Sargent Kendall Springville Museum of Art Rescued from War Cleaning paintings storage rip repair The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Forensic studies art restorer Buck Winn Hilbert Museum of California Art Help and Consultation Colin Campbell Cooper Professional Colleagues mural conservation project consultant mural conservation consultation project murals on 101 freeway 1984 Olympic mural painting conservation painting glued down Minerva Teichert save a mural detaching a mural watercolor mold Marian Kovinick large painting Pasadena Museum of California Art PMCA Vysekal remove a mural lead white adhesive Fair Park black art TSU TSU Houston Texas collection survey expert witness Street Art Naval Air Base Historic Mural Fine Art Conservation Laboratories California Department of Transportation MOCA hot table restoration art collector Vintage Hawaiian Art University of Utah Museum of Fine Arts LDS Church Museum of Church History LeConte Stewart nicotine Strother Martin Caltrans mural stabilize cracking on oil paintings MCLA varnishing murals Steve McQueen Paul Lauritz Dutch Old Master analyzing art rip repair detaction LDS CHurch History Dept. UV blacklight for inspecting art inpainting retouching faclinc art and antiques removing a mural Springville Art Museum vintage oil painting restoring a painting Armin Hansen Monterey Museum of Art Mural Conservancy Isabel Rojas-Williams lining 1984 Olympics cleaning mural murals Harvey Johnson Biola Jesus Biola University Los Angeles Consultation on Art Related Matters art restoration in the media 1984 Olympic Freeway murals Edwin Deakin Professional associations Post war expressionism Missions of California George Stern media cleaning an oil painting expert mural restorer mural removal cleaning painted out murals clean a painting Travel Infrared Exam Public art smoke damage outdoor murals graffiti removal historic preservation Caltrans Jim Morphesis Monument painting restoration Mural Conservancy of Los Angeles art restoration Mural Conservation-restoration Graffiti cleaning a painting Scott Haskins Mural conservation art conservation Kent Twitchell mural restoration
Tag Archives: mural restoration
I’ve been doing mural conservation since 1975 and got my start in Italy. Since then, I have enjoyed working on wonderful historic and artistic murals in historic buildings and public places all over the United States and internationally. I love … Continue reading
Octopus and sharks in art… This is a mural that Fine Art Conservation Laboratoriescleaned and coated for protection for long term preservation in Santa Monica, California during the last couple of days. While this mural is not at risk for … Continue reading
Is Street Art Worth Saving? A Conundrum! International mastermind group debates mural and art conservation issues
Is Street Art Worth Saving? A Conundrum! International mastermind group debates mural and art conservation issues for contemporary art murals in public places
By Scott M. Haskins, Art Conservator
Trying to conserve, as a general idea, contemporary street art has an almost … Continue reading
Preservation and Restoration of a very cute 27 ft. mural, Animal Circus by Hubbel Reed McBride c.1940. Its lining and stabilization.
I can’t imagine that anyone would want to destroy such a quality painting and fun subject matter as this painting. I’d like to share the fun subject matter of a mural that was saved from demolition in Denver, Colorado.
Animal Circus … Continue reading
Lining Large Paintings Highlighted by American Institute for the Conservation of historic and Artistic Works
An action photo of the lining process (art restoration treatment) of three 30′ paintings in this month’s header of the Facebook page of the AIC, highlighted the art conservation practice of Fine Art Conservation Laboratories. Independent art conservators are represented … Continue reading
Expert Historic Preservation Consultant On Extra-Ordinary Baroque Murals Hidden Away in Northern Italy
The magical art of illusion and perspective.
Restoration of historic murals of masterpiece quality.
Garda Lake has been a highly appreciated resort area since Roman times. On one side of the lake is Brescia and the other side is Verona, both centers … Continue reading
The State of Idaho named Fine Art Conservation Laboratories (FACL, Inc.) in its award of the Orchid and Onion Award from The Idaho Historic Preservation Council for the mural conservation treatments of the two Minerva Teichert murals in the extensive … Continue reading
Public Art Division –
City of Los Angeles Art Collection Appoints
Fine Art Conservation Laboratories
The Art Restoration Of Texas’s Most Famous Lost Public Art By The Most Famous Texan Artist You Never Heard Of
By Jasmine Brand, Guest Blogger, Historian
James Buchanan Winn, Jr. (1905-1979), or better known as Buck Winn, was a Texas muralist, sculptor, architect, and teacher and has been said to have shaped American twentieth century art, especially in the South West. … Continue reading
By Wilson Jackson, Guest Blogger
A valuable Depression Era oil-on-canvas-glued-to-a-wall mural called “The Horse Breakers” by renown artist Fletcher Martin, painted way back in 1939, is back in it’s original community of Lamesa, TX after it was removed from a wall … Continue reading