- Fine Art Conservator, Scott M. Haskins, interviewed on Santa Barbara News Press Radio
- Beautiful Underwater Mural Cleaned and Coated For Protection And Preservation
- Amateur Art Restoration Ruins Artwork… Again!!!
- Is Street Art Worth Saving? A Conundrum! International mastermind group debates mural and art conservation issues
- WPA mural experts say painted over school art was vandalism
Where our visitors to this website come from:
- Lost Leonardo Sistine Chapel mural conservation research Tintoretto Royal Carriages Villa D'Este art dealer Brigham Young Salt Lake City Mormon pioneers Fred Page newspaper article Speaker Craquelure damage from movers construction site earthquake preparedness fine arts insurance policy Save Your Stuff Inept restoration Jessie Arms Botke Irvine Museum mural relocation Daughters of Utah Pioneers Mormon art testimonials Redmond LA Chamber Orchestra freeway mural Judy Baca Jim Morphesis Scott M. Haskins graffiti abatement 7th Street Altarpiece Lita Albuquerque Banksy Alonzo Davis Downtown Los Angeles Carmel-by-the-Sea William Wendt Steve Stern Edgar Payne Sonya Rapoport Abstract expressionism 1984 Summer Olympics video surveillance Isabel Rojas-William Tagged collection care Museum Wax AIC disaster clean up and response Professional associations mural protection repair a rip analyse a painting analysis of art Texas vintage oil painting restoration 19th c. maritime oil painting oil painting restoration Baroque Art world class art outdoor mural protection mural street art Amateur Restorer Ruins Art art restoration in the media rip repair testimonial Consultation on Art Related Matters Texas State University fine art insurance claims art salvage family heirlooms Buck Winn art restorer art on paper Military Hang a painting securely Santa Barbara Mission memorabilia Cleaning paintings Cleaning William Sargent Kendall Springville Museum of Art Rescued from War Spanish missions in California water damaged Help and Consultation Hilbert Museum of California Art The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Forensic studies mural conservation consultation project mural conservation project consultant storage rip repair Colin Campbell Cooper Professional Colleagues murals on 101 freeway 1984 Olympic mural painting conservation painting glued down Minerva Teichert save a mural detaching a mural watercolor mold Marian Kovinick large painting Pasadena Museum of California Art PMCA Vysekal remove a mural lead white adhesive Fair Park black art TSU TSU Houston Texas collection survey restoration expert witness Naval Air Base Historic Mural Fine Art Conservation Laboratories California Department of Transportation MOCA hot table Street Art art collector Vintage Hawaiian Art Dutch Old Master LDS Church Museum of Church History LeConte Stewart nicotine Strother Martin Caltrans mural stabilize cracking on oil paintings MCLA varnishing murals Steve McQueen Paul Lauritz University of Utah Museum of Fine Arts LDS CHurch History Dept. rip repair detaction art and antiques UV blacklight for inspecting art inpainting retouching faclinc analyzing art removing a mural Armin Hansen vintage oil painting Springville Art Museum restoring a painting lining Monterey Museum of Art clean a painting Biola University murals Harvey Johnson Mural Conservancy 1984 Olympics Biola Jesus 1984 Olympic Freeway murals Missions of California Edwin Deakin Isabel Rojas-Williams George Stern media Los Angeles cleaning mural Post war expressionism mural removal cleaning an oil painting expert mural restorer Public art cleaning painted out murals Travel smoke damage Infrared Exam outdoor murals graffiti removal historic preservation Caltrans Jim Morphesis Monument painting restoration Mural Conservancy of Los Angeles art restoration Mural Conservation-restoration Graffiti cleaning a painting Scott Haskins Mural conservation art conservation Kent Twitchell mural restoration
Tag Archives: mural restoration
Octopus and sharks in art… This is a mural that Fine Art Conservation Laboratoriescleaned and coated for protection for long term preservation in Santa Monica, California during the last couple of days. While this mural is not at risk for … Continue reading
Is Street Art Worth Saving? A Conundrum! International mastermind group debates mural and art conservation issues
Is Street Art Worth Saving? A Conundrum! International mastermind group debates mural and art conservation issues for contemporary art murals in public places
By Scott M. Haskins, Art Conservator
Trying to conserve, as a general idea, contemporary street art has an almost … Continue reading
Preservation and Restoration of a very cute 27 ft. mural, Animal Circus by Hubbel Reed McBride c.1940. Its lining and stabilization.
I can’t imagine that anyone would want to destroy such a quality painting and fun subject matter as this painting. I’d like to share the fun subject matter of a mural that was saved from demolition in Denver, Colorado.
Animal Circus … Continue reading
Lining Large Paintings Highlighted by American Institute for the Conservation of historic and Artistic Works
An action photo of the lining process (art restoration treatment) of three 30′ paintings in this month’s header of the Facebook page of the AIC, highlighted the art conservation practice of Fine Art Conservation Laboratories. Independent art conservators are represented … Continue reading
Expert Historic Preservation Consultant On Extra-Ordinary Baroque Murals Hidden Away in Northern Italy
The magical art of illusion and perspective.
Restoration of historic murals of masterpiece quality.
Garda Lake has been a highly appreciated resort area since Roman times. On one side of the lake is Brescia and the other side is Verona, both centers … Continue reading
The State of Idaho named Fine Art Conservation Laboratories (FACL, Inc.) in its award of the Orchid and Onion Award from The Idaho Historic Preservation Council for the mural conservation treatments of the two Minerva Teichert murals in the extensive … Continue reading
Public Art Division –
City of Los Angeles Art Collection Appoints
Fine Art Conservation Laboratories
The Art Restoration Of Texas’s Most Famous Lost Public Art By The Most Famous Texan Artist You Never Heard Of
By Jasmine Brand, Guest Blogger, Historian
James Buchanan Winn, Jr. (1905-1979), or better known as Buck Winn, was a Texas muralist, sculptor, architect, and teacher and has been said to have shaped American twentieth century art, especially in the South West. … Continue reading
By Wilson Jackson, Guest Blogger
A valuable Depression Era oil-on-canvas-glued-to-a-wall mural called “The Horse Breakers” by renown artist Fletcher Martin, painted way back in 1939, is back in it’s original community of Lamesa, TX after it was removed from a wall … Continue reading
Cowboy Rodeo WPA Mural To Be Removed_Art Conservation Consultation and Painting Restoration in Texas
While I enjoy the high profile jobs with important or even famous artwork I LOVE to work with small communities to save their public art. This art is often very important to the locals… maybe the only historical art in the community. … Continue reading