- Restoring Street Murals Back to Life Interview by Julie Rose on BYURadio Top of Mind
- Can The Restoration of Contemporary Public Art Murals Ethically Include Repainting?
- Orange County Art Conservation Pick Ups and Deliveries Interesting Art Stuff
- Santa Barbara Art Expert Restores Historic Mammoth Mural AIDS Painting Near Hollywood Bowl In Los Angeles
- Treasured Collectibles in a Pile of Stuff… Las Vegas, Art Restoration Testimonial
Where our visitors to this website come from:
- mural conservation research Lost Leonardo Tintoretto Royal Carriages newspaper article Sistine Chapel Villa D'Este Salt Lake City Brigham Young Mormon pioneers Fred Page art dealer Speaker Inept restoration construction site damage from movers earthquake preparedness collection care Museum Wax Craquelure fine arts insurance policy Jessie Arms Botke Irvine Museum mural relocation Save Your Stuff Daughters of Utah Pioneers Mormon art Redmond Jim Morphesis testimonials LA Chamber Orchestra freeway mural Scott M. Haskins Banksy murals on 101 freeway graffiti abatement 7th Street Altarpiece Lita Albuquerque Judy Baca Alonzo Davis Carmel-by-the-Sea Sonya Rapoport William Wendt Steve Stern Edgar Payne Abstract expressionism Tagged Downtown Los Angeles 1984 Summer Olympics video surveillance Isabel Rojas-William Cleaning William Sargent Kendall fine art insurance claims Texas State University art salvage family heirlooms rip repair testimonial world class art Baroque Art disaster clean up and response AIC mural protection repair a rip outdoor mural protection Amateur Restorer Ruins Art flaking paint on murals Mural restoration consultation shipping damage of art Orange Country Art Restoration contemporary mural restoration Smoke damaged collectibles Smoke odor on collectibles Painting restoration testimonial Scott Haskins media San Diego Art Restoration Woolsey Fire analyse a painting oil painting restoration Santa Barbara Mission Hang a painting securely Spanish missions in California water damaged storage Military art on paper Springville Museum of Art Rescued from War Cleaning paintings memorabilia rip repair Colin Campbell Cooper Buck Winn art restorer Texas vintage oil painting restoration 19th c. maritime oil painting Forensic studies The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Professional Colleagues mural conservation consultation project Help and Consultation Hilbert Museum of California Art 1984 Olympic mural Caltrans mural painting conservation painting glued down save a mural detaching a mural remove a mural watercolor mold Marian Kovinick large painting Pasadena Museum of California Art PMCA Vysekal lead white adhesive Historic Mural black art restoration Fair Park TSU Houston Texas collection survey expert witness Street Art Naval Air Base Fine Art Conservation Laboratories California Department of Transportation MOCA hot table TSU University of Utah Museum of Fine Arts art collector LDS Church Museum of Church History LeConte Stewart Paul Lauritz Vintage Hawaiian Art nicotine MCLA stabilize cracking on oil paintings varnishing murals Steve McQueen Strother Martin LDS CHurch History Dept. Dutch Old Master art and antiques analyzing art Springville Art Museum retouching inpainting rip repair detaction UV blacklight for inspecting art faclinc vintage oil painting restoring a painting Armin Hansen removing a mural Monterey Museum of Art Mural Conservancy Isabel Rojas-Williams lining cleaning mural Biola Jesus Harvey Johnson 1984 Olympic Freeway murals murals 1984 Olympics Biola University Minerva Teichert Post war expressionism Consultation on Art Related Matters mural street art art restoration in the media Los Angeles analysis of art Professional associations mural conservation project consultant George Stern Missions of California media Edwin Deakin mural removal cleaning an oil painting Public art clean a painting expert mural restorer smoke damage Travel Infrared Exam outdoor murals Caltrans graffiti removal historic preservation cleaning painted out murals Jim Morphesis Monument painting restoration Mural Conservancy of Los Angeles art restoration Mural Conservation-restoration Graffiti cleaning a painting Scott Haskins Mural conservation art conservation Kent Twitchell mural restoration
Tag Archives: mural restoration
Top of Mind
by Julie Rose
National Internet Radio
Interview: Restoring Street Murals Back to Life
Guest: Scott Haskins, Director and Chief Conservator,
Fine Art Conservation Laboratories
Santa Barbara Art Expert Restores Historic Mammoth Mural AIDS Painting Near Hollywood Bowl In Los Angeles
Our lab just finished cleaning up the graffiti vandalism defacing a heartfelt public work of art mural painted in 1987 by Russell Carlton, The #BlueMoonTrilogy. The mural was dedicated to the life saving and disease battling efforts of the AIDS … Continue reading
This public mural memorial monument located by the Hollywood Bowl was originally funded by AIDS Project of LA. The bronze plaque, from the dedication in 1988 on the mural will outlive us all. It reads:
Blue Moon Trilogy
I’ve been doing mural conservation since 1975 and got my start in Italy. Since then, I have enjoyed working on wonderful historic and artistic murals in historic buildings and public places all over the United States and internationally. I love … Continue reading
Octopus and sharks in art… This is a mural that Fine Art Conservation Laboratoriescleaned and coated for protection for long term preservation in Santa Monica, California during the last couple of days. While this mural is not at risk for … Continue reading
Is Street Art Worth Saving? A Conundrum! International mastermind group debates mural and art conservation issues
Is Street Art Worth Saving? A Conundrum! International mastermind group debates mural and art conservation issues for contemporary art murals in public places
By Scott M. Haskins, Art Conservator
Trying to conserve, as a general idea, contemporary street art has an almost … Continue reading
Preservation and Restoration of a very cute 27 ft. mural, Animal Circus by Hubbel Reed McBride c.1940. Its lining and stabilization.
I can’t imagine that anyone would want to destroy such a quality painting and fun subject matter as this painting. I’d like to share the fun subject matter of a mural that was saved from demolition in Denver, Colorado.
Animal Circus … Continue reading
Lining Large Paintings Highlighted by American Institute for the Conservation of historic and Artistic Works
An action photo of the lining process (art restoration treatment) of three 30′ paintings in this month’s header of the Facebook page of the AIC, highlighted the art conservation practice of Fine Art Conservation Laboratories. Independent art conservators are represented … Continue reading
Expert Historic Preservation Consultant On Extra-Ordinary Baroque Murals Hidden Away in Northern Italy
The magical art of illusion and perspective.
Restoration of historic murals of masterpiece quality.
Garda Lake has been a highly appreciated resort area since Roman times. On one side of the lake is Brescia and the other side is Verona, both centers … Continue reading