- Masterclass of Conservation Issues for Contemporary Art Murals in Public Places
- Gorgeous Gilded Age Society Painting Dented by Freak Accident – Art Restoration Due Diligence Tips for Art Collectors
- Saving and Preserving Collectibles, Heirlooms and Memorabilia from Montecito’s Mudslides of Interest to the New York Times
- Varnishing a Mural – Antigraffiti Measures- Protecting Public Art Testimonial
- Valuable Exquisite 150 Year Old Painting Destroyed by Careless Handling and Shipping
Where our visitors to this website come from:
- Villa D'Este art dealer Sistine Chapel Lost Leonardo mural conservation research Fred Page Mormon pioneers Mormon art Daughters of Utah Pioneers Brigham Young Salt Lake City Tintoretto Royal Carriages Save Your Stuff fine arts insurance policy Craquelure damage from movers mural relocation Irvine Museum newspaper article Speaker Inept restoration Jessie Arms Botke Edgar Payne Steve Stern Jim Morphesis Redmond testimonials LA Chamber Orchestra Scott M. Haskins Banksy murals on 101 freeway graffiti abatement 7th Street Altarpiece Lita Albuquerque freeway mural Judy Baca Abstract expressionism Sonya Rapoport Carmel-by-the-Sea William Wendt Tagged Isabel Rojas-William Alonzo Davis Downtown Los Angeles 1984 Summer Olympics video surveillance construction site earthquake preparedness analyse a painting analysis of art disaster clean up and response AIC Professional associations oil painting restoration 19th c. maritime oil painting art restorer Buck Winn Texas vintage oil painting restoration mural protection repair a rip Consultation on Art Related Matters rip repair testimonial outdoor mural protection mural street art family heirlooms art salvage Baroque Art world class art Texas State University fine art insurance claims Forensic studies The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Cleaning paintings memorabilia art on paper Military Rescued from War Springville Museum of Art collection care Museum Wax Cleaning William Sargent Kendall Hang a painting securely Santa Barbara Mission mural conservation project consultant mural conservation consultation project Help and Consultation Hilbert Museum of California Art Professional Colleagues Colin Campbell Cooper Spanish missions in California water damaged storage rip repair 1984 Olympic mural Caltrans mural painting conservation painting glued down Minerva Teichert save a mural detaching a mural watercolor mold Marian Kovinick large painting Pasadena Museum of California Art PMCA Vysekal remove a mural lead white adhesive Fair Park black art TSU TSU Houston Texas collection survey restoration Street Art Naval Air Base Historic Mural Fine Art Conservation Laboratories California Department of Transportation MOCA hot table expert witness Dutch Old Master art collector LDS Church Museum of Church History LeConte Stewart Paul Lauritz Vintage Hawaiian Art nicotine MCLA stabilize cracking on oil paintings varnishing murals Steve McQueen Strother Martin LDS CHurch History Dept. University of Utah Museum of Fine Arts analyzing art rip repair detaction Springville Art Museum UV blacklight for inspecting art inpainting retouching faclinc art and antiques removing a mural vintage oil painting restoring a painting Armin Hansen clean a painting Monterey Museum of Art Mural Conservancy lining 1984 Olympics Isabel Rojas-Williams murals Harvey Johnson Biola Jesus Biola University 1984 Olympic Freeway murals Missions of California Edwin Deakin cleaning mural George Stern media Los Angeles Public art Post war expressionism cleaning an oil painting expert mural restorer cleaning painted out murals mural removal outdoor murals smoke damage Travel Infrared Exam Caltrans graffiti removal historic preservation Jim Morphesis Monument painting restoration Mural Conservancy of Los Angeles art restoration Mural Graffiti Conservation-restoration cleaning a painting Scott Haskins Mural conservation art conservation Kent Twitchell mural restoration
Tag Archives: mural restoration
Preservation and Restoration of a very cute 27 ft. mural, Animal Circus by Hubbel Reed McBride c.1940. Its lining and stabilization.
I can’t imagine that anyone would want to destroy such a quality painting and fun subject matter as this painting. I’d like to share the fun subject matter of a mural that was saved from demolition in Denver, Colorado.
Animal Circus … Continue reading
Lining Large Paintings Highlighted by American Institute for the Conservation of historic and Artistic Works
An action photo of the lining process (art restoration treatment) of three 30′ paintings in this month’s header of the Facebook page of the AIC, highlighted the art conservation practice of Fine Art Conservation Laboratories. Independent art conservators are represented … Continue reading
Expert Historic Preservation Consultant On Extra-Ordinary Baroque Murals Hidden Away in Northern Italy
The magical art of illusion and perspective.
Restoration of historic murals of masterpiece quality.
Garda Lake has been a highly appreciated resort area since Roman times. On one side of the lake is Brescia and the other side is Verona, both centers … Continue reading
The State of Idaho named Fine Art Conservation Laboratories (FACL, Inc.) in its award of the Orchid and Onion Award from The Idaho Historic Preservation Council for the mural conservation treatments of the two Minerva Teichert murals in the extensive … Continue reading
Public Art Division –
City of Los Angeles Art Collection Appoints
Fine Art Conservation Laboratories
The Art Restoration Of Texas’s Most Famous Lost Public Art By The Most Famous Texan Artist You Never Heard Of
By Jasmine Brand, Guest Blogger, Historian
James Buchanan Winn, Jr. (1905-1979), or better known as Buck Winn, was a Texas muralist, sculptor, architect, and teacher and has been said to have shaped American twentieth century art, especially in the South West. … Continue reading
By Wilson Jackson, Guest Blogger
A valuable Depression Era oil-on-canvas-glued-to-a-wall mural called “The Horse Breakers” by renown artist Fletcher Martin, painted way back in 1939, is back in it’s original community of Lamesa, TX after it was removed from a wall … Continue reading
Cowboy Rodeo WPA Mural To Be Removed_Art Conservation Consultation and Painting Restoration in Texas
While I enjoy the high profile jobs with important or even famous artwork I LOVE to work with small communities to save their public art. This art is often very important to the locals… maybe the only historical art in the community. … Continue reading
The first mural ever that I did art conservation treatments on was in my graduate program in Italy. The first week of school I was put onto scaffolding and sat down in front of a mural dated 1365 on a … Continue reading
Mural Cleaning in Historic Building Construction – Project Changes – Being nimble, versatile, flexible… and “on it”!
We thought we were on a superficial mural cleaning and varnishing project! But its a bit more adventurous than that. In the jungle of scaffolding and working among an army of 1,500 demolition and construction workers and equipment we realize … Continue reading