- Santa Barbara Art Expert Restores Historic Mammoth Mural AIDS Painting Near Hollywood Bowl In Los Angeles
- Treasured Collectibles in a Pile of Stuff… Las Vegas, Art Restoration Testimonial
- 3 Super Interesting Preservation and Restoration Mural Projects Stopping Flaking Paint
- Early Utah Artist Masterpiece Painting Restored
- Graffiti Art, Public Art, Street Art… Vandalism, Sign of the Times, Valuable Contemporary Art?
Where our visitors to this website come from:
- Sistine Chapel Villa D'Este Lost Leonardo mural conservation research Tintoretto art dealer Fred Page Daughters of Utah Pioneers Brigham Young Salt Lake City Mormon pioneers Royal Carriages newspaper article Craquelure fine arts insurance policy damage from movers construction site earthquake preparedness Save Your Stuff mural relocation Speaker Inept restoration Jessie Arms Botke Irvine Museum Mormon art Edgar Payne Jim Morphesis Scott M. Haskins Redmond testimonials LA Chamber Orchestra Banksy Lita Albuquerque 1984 Olympic mural murals on 101 freeway graffiti abatement 7th Street Altarpiece freeway mural Judy Baca Sonya Rapoport Abstract expressionism Carmel-by-the-Sea William Wendt Steve Stern Tagged Isabel Rojas-William Alonzo Davis Downtown Los Angeles 1984 Summer Olympics video surveillance collection care Museum Wax world class art Baroque Art Texas State University fine art insurance claims art salvage repair a rip mural protection oil painting restoration analyse a painting disaster clean up and response AIC family heirlooms rip repair testimonial Smoke damaged collectibles Smoke odor on collectibles Mural restoration consultation flaking paint on murals shipping damage of art Woolsey Fire San Diego Art Restoration outdoor mural protection Amateur Restorer Ruins Art Painting restoration testimonial Scott Haskins media 19th c. maritime oil painting vintage oil painting restoration Military art on paper Hang a painting securely Santa Barbara Mission Spanish missions in California memorabilia Cleaning paintings Cleaning William Sargent Kendall Springville Museum of Art Rescued from War water damaged storage Forensic studies The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints art restorer Buck Winn Texas Hilbert Museum of California Art Help and Consultation rip repair Colin Campbell Cooper Professional Colleagues mural conservation consultation project Caltrans mural MCLA painting conservation painting glued down save a mural detaching a mural remove a mural watercolor mold Marian Kovinick large painting Pasadena Museum of California Art PMCA Vysekal lead white adhesive Historic Mural black art restoration Fair Park TSU Houston Texas collection survey expert witness Street Art Naval Air Base Fine Art Conservation Laboratories California Department of Transportation MOCA hot table TSU University of Utah Museum of Fine Arts stabilize cracking on oil paintings LDS Church Museum of Church History LeConte Stewart Paul Lauritz art collector Vintage Hawaiian Art varnishing murals Steve McQueen Strother Martin nicotine LDS CHurch History Dept. Dutch Old Master art and antiques analyzing art UV blacklight for inspecting art Springville Art Museum inpainting rip repair detaction retouching faclinc vintage oil painting removing a mural Armin Hansen restoring a painting Mural Conservancy Monterey Museum of Art cleaning mural lining 1984 Olympic Freeway murals Isabel Rojas-Williams Biola Jesus Harvey Johnson murals 1984 Olympics Biola University Minerva Teichert Los Angeles Consultation on Art Related Matters mural street art art restoration in the media Post war expressionism analysis of art Professional associations mural conservation project consultant George Stern Missions of California media Edwin Deakin mural removal cleaning an oil painting Public art clean a painting expert mural restorer smoke damage Travel Infrared Exam outdoor murals Caltrans graffiti removal historic preservation cleaning painted out murals Jim Morphesis Monument painting restoration Mural Conservancy of Los Angeles art restoration Mural Conservation-restoration Graffiti cleaning a painting Scott Haskins Mural conservation art conservation Kent Twitchell mural restoration
Tag Archives: mural restoration
Santa Barbara Art Expert Restores Historic Mammoth Mural AIDS Painting Near Hollywood Bowl In Los Angeles
Our lab just finished cleaning up the graffiti vandalism defacing a heartfelt public work of art mural painted in 1987 by Russell Carlton, The #BlueMoonTrilogy. The mural was dedicated to the life saving and disease battling efforts of the AIDS … Continue reading
This public mural memorial monument located by the Hollywood Bowl was originally funded by AIDS Project of LA. The bronze plaque, from the dedication in 1988 on the mural will outlive us all. It reads:
Blue Moon Trilogy
I’ve been doing mural conservation since 1975 and got my start in Italy. Since then, I have enjoyed working on wonderful historic and artistic murals in historic buildings and public places all over the United States and internationally. I love … Continue reading
Octopus and sharks in art… This is a mural that Fine Art Conservation Laboratoriescleaned and coated for protection for long term preservation in Santa Monica, California during the last couple of days. While this mural is not at risk for … Continue reading
Is Street Art Worth Saving? A Conundrum! International mastermind group debates mural and art conservation issues
Is Street Art Worth Saving? A Conundrum! International mastermind group debates mural and art conservation issues for contemporary art murals in public places
By Scott M. Haskins, Art Conservator
Trying to conserve, as a general idea, contemporary street art has an almost … Continue reading
Preservation and Restoration of a very cute 27 ft. mural, Animal Circus by Hubbel Reed McBride c.1940. Its lining and stabilization.
I can’t imagine that anyone would want to destroy such a quality painting and fun subject matter as this painting. I’d like to share the fun subject matter of a mural that was saved from demolition in Denver, Colorado.
Animal Circus … Continue reading
Lining Large Paintings Highlighted by American Institute for the Conservation of historic and Artistic Works
An action photo of the lining process (art restoration treatment) of three 30′ paintings in this month’s header of the Facebook page of the AIC, highlighted the art conservation practice of Fine Art Conservation Laboratories. Independent art conservators are represented … Continue reading
Expert Historic Preservation Consultant On Extra-Ordinary Baroque Murals Hidden Away in Northern Italy
The magical art of illusion and perspective.
Restoration of historic murals of masterpiece quality.
Garda Lake has been a highly appreciated resort area since Roman times. On one side of the lake is Brescia and the other side is Verona, both centers … Continue reading