- Restoring Street Murals Back to Life Interview by Julie Rose on BYURadio Top of Mind
- Can The Restoration of Contemporary Public Art Murals Ethically Include Repainting?
- Orange County Art Conservation Pick Ups and Deliveries Interesting Art Stuff
- Santa Barbara Art Expert Restores Historic Mammoth Mural AIDS Painting Near Hollywood Bowl In Los Angeles
- Treasured Collectibles in a Pile of Stuff… Las Vegas, Art Restoration Testimonial
Where our visitors to this website come from:
- mural conservation research Lost Leonardo Tintoretto Royal Carriages newspaper article Sistine Chapel Villa D'Este Salt Lake City Brigham Young Mormon pioneers Fred Page art dealer Speaker Inept restoration construction site damage from movers earthquake preparedness collection care Museum Wax Craquelure fine arts insurance policy Jessie Arms Botke Irvine Museum mural relocation Save Your Stuff Daughters of Utah Pioneers Mormon art Redmond Jim Morphesis testimonials LA Chamber Orchestra freeway mural Scott M. Haskins Banksy murals on 101 freeway graffiti abatement 7th Street Altarpiece Lita Albuquerque Judy Baca Alonzo Davis Carmel-by-the-Sea Sonya Rapoport William Wendt Steve Stern Edgar Payne Abstract expressionism Tagged Downtown Los Angeles 1984 Summer Olympics video surveillance Isabel Rojas-William Cleaning William Sargent Kendall fine art insurance claims Texas State University art salvage family heirlooms rip repair testimonial world class art Baroque Art disaster clean up and response AIC mural protection repair a rip outdoor mural protection Amateur Restorer Ruins Art flaking paint on murals Mural restoration consultation shipping damage of art Orange Country Art Restoration contemporary mural restoration Smoke damaged collectibles Smoke odor on collectibles Painting restoration testimonial Scott Haskins media San Diego Art Restoration Woolsey Fire analyse a painting oil painting restoration Santa Barbara Mission Hang a painting securely Spanish missions in California water damaged storage Military art on paper Springville Museum of Art Rescued from War Cleaning paintings memorabilia rip repair Colin Campbell Cooper Buck Winn art restorer Texas vintage oil painting restoration 19th c. maritime oil painting Forensic studies The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Professional Colleagues mural conservation consultation project Help and Consultation Hilbert Museum of California Art 1984 Olympic mural Caltrans mural painting conservation painting glued down save a mural detaching a mural remove a mural watercolor mold Marian Kovinick large painting Pasadena Museum of California Art PMCA Vysekal lead white adhesive Historic Mural black art restoration Fair Park TSU Houston Texas collection survey expert witness Street Art Naval Air Base Fine Art Conservation Laboratories California Department of Transportation MOCA hot table TSU University of Utah Museum of Fine Arts art collector LDS Church Museum of Church History LeConte Stewart Paul Lauritz Vintage Hawaiian Art nicotine MCLA stabilize cracking on oil paintings varnishing murals Steve McQueen Strother Martin LDS CHurch History Dept. Dutch Old Master art and antiques analyzing art Springville Art Museum retouching inpainting rip repair detaction UV blacklight for inspecting art faclinc vintage oil painting restoring a painting Armin Hansen removing a mural Monterey Museum of Art Mural Conservancy Isabel Rojas-Williams lining cleaning mural Biola Jesus Harvey Johnson 1984 Olympic Freeway murals murals 1984 Olympics Biola University Minerva Teichert Post war expressionism Consultation on Art Related Matters mural street art art restoration in the media Los Angeles analysis of art Professional associations mural conservation project consultant George Stern Missions of California media Edwin Deakin mural removal cleaning an oil painting Public art clean a painting expert mural restorer smoke damage Travel Infrared Exam outdoor murals Caltrans graffiti removal historic preservation cleaning painted out murals Jim Morphesis Monument painting restoration Mural Conservancy of Los Angeles art restoration Mural Conservation-restoration Graffiti cleaning a painting Scott Haskins Mural conservation art conservation Kent Twitchell mural restoration
Tag Archives: Conservation-restoration
Update Historic Paintings of California Missions by Edwin Deakin in the Santa Barbara Mission Archives and Library
Art conservation treatments are in the process. An update is posted after the newspaper article below…
The restoration of 22 gorgeous high quality historic paintings of the California Missions by Edwin Deakin in the Santa Barbara Mission Archives and Library (SBMAL) … Continue reading
Ripped Painting’s Damage Evaluation and Repair Proposal -Good info for art collectors and fine art insurance adjusters-
You will find it interesting… and USEFUL… to read over an evaluation I wrote for a claim on a damaged painting. Some details and names have been eliminated of course.
The other day, I inspected a painting to evaluate the impact … Continue reading
Art restoration, fix a painting, painting conservation – Orange County – Laguna Beach – Newport Beach – Santa Ana
Laguna Beach and Costa Mesa are places I go often to meet with clients who collect paintings. I also meet with people in Corona del Mar, Newport Beach, Tustin, Santa Ana. Some of the clients are private collectors and others … Continue reading
While sitting in my booth at the LA Art Show I looked up and noticed a man young man in his late 20’s in a fashion challenged suit and tie staring at my wide screen monitor of the many photos … Continue reading
This is one of the “monikers” that we got tagged with last weekend, the day after we finished the removal of the huge tag of the bottom half of the mural. This graffiti covered about a 4′ x 10′ area. … Continue reading
This mural, along with 10 others by some of the most prominent art masters, were given to the people of the City of Los Angeles as part of the 1984 Olympic celebration to promote civic pride; one of the goals … Continue reading
About a month or 6 weeks ago, artist Kent Twitchell completed the restoration (repainting) of his 1971 mural that had been obliterated by graffiti. He called me to help him put a protective coating on it to give it a … Continue reading
Fair Park Dallas, Texas by Carlo Ciampaglia and the 1984 Olympic Freeway Murals in Los Angeles by Kent Twitchell, Judy Baca and Alonzo Davis are featured in this super interesting short video on removing paint and graffiti from murals.
At Fair … Continue reading